This just in from the fine folks at Ted’s Montana Grill. Enjoy!
The Perfect Bison Cheeseburger Recipe from Ted’s Montana Grill in Honor of National Bison Month. In July, Ted’s Montana Grill and bison-lovers across the country are celebrating the tasty, tender and nutritious benefits of bison in honor of National Bison Month. In honor of National Bison Month and for summer cookouts everywhere, Ted’s Montana Grill offers its own recipe for the Perfect Bison Cheeseburger.
• 2 pounds freshly ground bison meat
• 3 teaspoons Ted’s Special Spice Blend (recipe follows)
• 4 cornmeal-dusted kaiser rolls, split
• 8 slices cheddar cheese
• 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
• 4 slices vine-ripened tomato
• Pickle slices
• Sliced red onion
• Preheat a griddle to medium-high. Make 4 equal-size hamburger patties from the ground bison meat, taking care not to overwork the patties. Burgers should be loosely packed.
• Season both sides of each patty with 1/4 teaspoon of Ted’s Special Spice Blend, and place on griddle. Cover the burgers with a stainless steel bowl or other heat-proof, dome-shape object, to seal in the juices. Cook for 6 minutes. Turn the burgers over, and season the top of each burger again with 1/4 teaspoon of the Spice Blend. Cover with the dome and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes, for medium.
• Place 2 cheese slices on each burger and cook until the cheese melts. Lightly butter the cut side of the rolls and place, cut side down, on the griddle. Cook until lightly toasted. Serve each burger on a roll, with side/garnish of lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion.
• 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
• 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1 teaspoon onion salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Mix together all ingredients. Store remaining Spice Blend in airtight container for up to 3 months.